Whiteney & Spencer News

Zack Orji Recounts Near-death Experience And Recovery

Zack Orji describes his near-death experience: “I passed out for almost six hours while slumped in the bathroom.”

Zack Orji talks about his struggle with dying after falling

Zack Orji has opened up about the events that caused him to collapse and require brain surgery.

In an interview, the seasoned actor disclosed that before receiving assistance, he collapsed in the restroom and slept for about five and a half hours.

Before the two successful brain surgeries, Zack Orji disclosed that he continued to come in and out and was unable to raise his body, even with the assistance of his coworkers.

Actor Zack Orji, from Nigeria, has talked about his close call with death and gone into depth about what transpired after.


afrocan book

On December 31, 2023, Whitney&Spencer revealed that Zack Orji had slumped and was taken to the intensive care section of an Abuja hospital.

The 63-year-old veteran actor, who had two brain surgeries, disclosed that his struggle with mortality began when he passed out in the restroom.

Zack Orji also discussed his recuperation and the people that helped him through the trying period.

PHOTOS: Zack Orji Had Brain Surgery, Minister Discloses

In his words:

“I underwent two brain surgeries in Nigeria after I slumped in the bathroom. I can only say that it’s by the grace of God that I am alive today because I passed out. I was out for about five and a half hours before help came.

Incidentally, my friend Bala Ahmed was in the UK at the time, and the people in the house called him to say “we’ve been knocking on his door since morning and we’ve not been able to receive any response.”

So he called another colleague, Benedict Johnson, who rushed to the house and I was there on the floor incoherent. I couldn’t even stand because when he raised me, I slumped again and he had to call another colleague.

The two of them lifted me on their shoulders from the second floor to the ground floor and took me to the national hospital. My wife flew in from Lagos, because all this happened in Abuja, on the 29th of Decemeber and met me in the hospital.

On the 1st of January, the first surgery was carried out on me. You can still see the mark. I kept going for different types of scans. I went for another scan and they discovered that there was still some residue clot in my brain so they had to do a second surgery.

They were able to scoop out all the blood clot and I spent some time recovering and it was recommended that I come to the UK for post surgery assessment.

In all of it, I’m grateful to God Almighty and I’m also grateful to so many people who stepped in. The president of Nigeria, the first lady, the wife to the vice president, the president’s son, and a whole lot of many people. I’m alive today by God’s exceeding great and mercy through the people he used to be of assistance to me. Here I am, strong and healthy, and of a sound mind too. Thank God that it’s not my time yet. It’s not my time.”

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love hearing from you.